Register Now For Access Beginning June 1st, 2021!!
This is a content-driven conference from a real-life classroom, with a real-life teacher and real-life students!
Everything in this conference is based on research and best practices, but most importantly everything you will see is being used in Mr. Greg’s classroom.
It's simple really. I'm in the classroom experiencing this pandemic right along with you. I'm going to share what has worked and what hasn't worked. I am also going to share some free resources, lesson plans, and MORE!
I'm also bringing in some our friends who are experts in their fields to share their knowledge with us!!
Take a look at the video for a quick message!
Keynote by Gerry Brooks
Gerry will focus on personal climate and culture. He will challenge you to be the best you can be in all aspects of your life as we deal with parents, students, and children. His message will include humorous situations and practical ideas for improving our own personal common culture.Included In Registration - REGISTER NOW
Keynote by Mr. D
Keep it REAL. Keep It FUN. Keep It UP! Mr. D has studied the art of improv comedy for years. With that said, it's no surprise that his classroom experiences can be quite comical. His goal for education is for students to WANT to be in school rather than HAVE to be in school. In this keynote, Mr. D shares stories, strategies, and practices of how he maintains a high level of engagement, fun, laughter, and rigor in the classroom. If, even by just a small amount, we can increase student laughter while they are learning, we will start to see a deeper engagement and understanding of our instruction!Included In Registration - REGISTER NOW
Below Is a Breakdown of the Sessions Included in This Event. These sessions are in addition to the keynotes by Gerry Brooks and Mr. D.
Mr. Greg will share what he learned from teaching in a pandemic and how those lessons and changes will carry over into future school years.
Throughout the sessions, Mr. Greg will highlight how the 2020 school year has changed his teaching and classroom and he will give specific examples of what he’s doing differently next year!
Back To School With Mr. Greg
The Math Block
In this session, Mr. Greg will explain how his math block works and will walk you through the parts of his math block. Using videos and stories from his classroom, and the latest research, this session will help make your math block the best it can be.
Centers In The Classroom
Do centers stress you out or overwhelm you? This session is for you! Mr. Greg will show you how his center system and center activities make managing math and literacy centers easier and less stressful.
In our classroom, reading comprehension brings stories to life and helps us understand our world. Reading comprehension also helps us easily and effectively integrate science, social studies, and literacy standards. This session will show you how reading comprehension works using our Read It Up! Curriculum and our TKS Research Projects.
Small Groups Simplified
In our classroom, small groups provide the flexible, targeted instruction that my students need to succeed. If you’re looking for ideas, lessons, strategies, and tips for small groups, this session is for you! See how we run guided reading groups, phonics groups, and math groups in the classroom!
How It Works
- You'll receive 90 Days Access beginning June 1st - There will be 5 sessions by Mr. Greg, a Keynote by Gerry Brooks and a keynote by Mr. D, all of which you can watch at your leisure. You'll have access to all the content until 8/31/2021, so there is no pressure to get through the sessions quickly.
- Bonus Content - Outside of the actual sessions, we're including bonus content such as videos of full lessons, blog posts, and more.
- Free Resources - We're giving you at least $53 worth of free resources that you can begin using in your classroom immediately! You'll simply download, prep, and use!
- Contact Hours - You'll receive a certificate for 9 contact hours you can submit for continuing education. Please note, every state has different requirements. We provide the certificate but it is your school/district/state's discretion to accept the certificate.
Join us for a virtual experience!
Our virtual conference is based upon my real-life experience with my students online and in-person. I have taught virtually and in-person. I'm right there in the classroom along with you learning as we go this unprecedented year.
Debbie Smedley Memorial Scholarship for ELEVATE! Phonics
10 people will be randomly chosen to have their registration fee reimbursed/refunded as part of the Debbie Smedley Memorial Scholarship.
To Be Eligible:
- Register for the event.
- Share the "I'm ELEVATING My Classroom" image on your social media using #elevateyourclassroom.
- You MUST use #elevateyourclassroom when you share the image. This is how we will find the 10 random winners.
- Winners will be announced during the Welcome Video within the event starting 6/1/21 and their registration fee will be reimbursed.
- The more you share the image, the better your chances of winning! Share daily and on as many platforms as possible (Facebook, IG, IG Story, Twitter)
**This scholarship provides reimbursement. It's not an upfront scholarship. So you must have already registered/paid for the conference and then shared the image to be eligible.Learn More About The Scholarship
ELEVATE! Phonics Attendees -
If you have previously purchased access to ELEVATE! Phonics (in March or April), simply log in using the link in the upper right corner.
If you've purchased the Phonics add-on during the Summer Conference, access for Summer 2021 and Phonics begins 6/1/21.
**Registration for ELEVATE! Phonics is closed but scroll down for information regarding our upcoming summer virtual conference with Gerry Brooks!
Meet Mr Greg
Howdy! I am Mr. Greg from The Kindergarten Smorgasboard. My full name is Greg Smedley-Warren. I have been teaching for 15 years. I spent a year teaching fifth grade, two years in second grade and am now in my 12th year in Kindergarten. Kindergarten is my passion and my calling but honestly, that wasn’t how it started. When I was moved to Kindergarten (not voluntarily!) I called my mommy and cried. But on the first day, I fell in love and knew that Kindergarten is where I belonged. I have remained in Kindergarten ever since. I plan to never leave the classroom as the kids are what drive me to continue my growth as a teacher and person.Learn more about Mr Greg